CodeCraft Dunedin is now managed via our meetup.com page!
Software craftsmanship is a term used to describe a certain attitude to the software development process.
There is a google group email list for software craftsmanship which covers people from around the world.
Towards the end of 2009 the people on the list hammered out a manifesto which describes software craftsmanship.
Why would I want to get involved?
- Getting around like-minded developers
- Seeing what other people are doing, both the big picture, and techniques
- Going to the technical seminars to learn and meet people
- Getting involved with some coding dojos, and learning about test driven development and pair programming
- Having experienced people to discuss technical issues with
- Finding a master or mentor to learn from
OK, so now what?
Now that you've decided to take the next step, you should:
- Join the local email list
- Post a hello email to the list, and mention what you'd like to get out being involved
- Come along to the next meeting